As part of Westchester’s SMART COMMUTE Program, we will provide a Transportation Fair at your work site. Your fair will be tailored to your location and may be as big or as small as you would like.
An information table, for example, can be set up in a common area of your worksite during lunch hour where employees can learn about their commute options in a casual atmosphere.
The Commute Alternatives Division of the Department of Public Works and Transportation will provide posters to promote the fair prior to the selected date and will set up on the day of the event. Employers are expected to encourage their employees to use alternative modes of transportation and encourage participation at these events
At Transportation Fairs, employees have the opportunity to:
- Talk to mass transit representatives to learn about commute options and plot a route tailored to their individual needs
- Find a carpool partner with Metro Pool’s “Pool Matching” system
- Get free ride MetroCards and try Westchester’s Bee-Line buses
- Pick up current schedules for buses and trains, route maps
- Learn how alternative modes of transportation can help save time and money, reduce stress, reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to a better quality of life
It’s that simple. It’s a valuable benefit and it's free.
Call (914) 813-6718 for further information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.